Cameron Winklevoss is the Co-founder and President of Gemini, a next generation Bitcoin exchange. He graduated from Harvard University with a degree in Economics and earned an MBA from Oxford University. Cameron has been an angel investor and entrepreneur in emerging technologies since 2003. He began participating in the Bitcoin economy through direct investment in 2012. In addition to being President of Gemini, he and his brother Tyler are currently seeking SEC approval for the Winklevoss Bitcoin Trust, a bitcoin ETF, and have launched the WinkDex, a bitcoin price index that will price the ETF.
Tyler Winklevoss is the Co-founder and CEO of Gemini. He has been the Principal and Co-Founder of Winklevoss Capital and ConnectU.com respectively.
- The exchange is currently available to approximately 45 U.S. states, Canada, Hong Kong, Puerto Rico, Singapore, South Korea and the United Kingdom.
- US bitcoin exchange, there is not a wide range of functionality for crypto- or fiat currency. Supported Currency Bitcoin, Ether and US Dollar
- Bank transfers ,wires and listed cryptocurrency are the only deposit and withdrawal methods
- All digital assets are put into cold storage, while online assets are hosted on Amazon Web Services and US Dollar Accounts are insured by the FDIC, with funds held in a New York-chartered bank
- Deposits and withdrawals do not have fees while trading on the exchange is charged at usually 0.25% or lower.
Signup for an account by and verify your email address. Add location and phone number, and set up 2-Factor Authentication (2FA). Enter the bank account details you want to use to deposit. Verify your identity by uploading your government issued ID. Once the process is complete, you can move onto funding your account.
Through the menu, navigate to Transfer Funds > Deposit Into Exchange > Bank Transfer. Enter the deposit amount (limited to $500 if using bank transfer). Navigate to the pair you wish to trade. Enter the price and quantity for your buy order. You can also choose a market order, that’s “filled immediately against resting order”.
After your purchase is complete, you will now have Bitcoin in your account. Note that you cannot withdraw until your bank transfer has finished processing, although you can sell the Bitcoin you purchased on the exchange.